Saturday, September 8, 2012

iPhone 5 Release and Pre-Order Prep

As you all know, the iPhone 5 will be announced this Wednesday (September 12th) and that there is a lot of hype built around the new device from Apple. I am one of those stuck in the hype. I pre-order all my Apple products as soon as pre-orders open. I've done this with my 64 GB iPhone 4S and my 64 GB new iPad. Pre-ordering Apple products is one of my favorite things to do. Last year,

the 4S pre-orders opened at (12:00) midnight in Pacific Time. Since I'm in Central Time, my pre-order involved staying up until 2:00 in the morning.

The night was filled with reading about the new phone, watching demo videos, and obsessively jumping around in the keynote to relive the excitement I experienced when the device was announced. Finally, 2:00 arrived and I reloaded the 4S page, and prepared to buy the device. I hurried through the options and then confirmed my upgrade with AT&T. As the week continued, I became anxious as I tracked my device. China. Alaska. Tennessee.

Then on Friday, it arrived at my house. I carefully opened the box and pulled the device out. Apple packaging has such a great appeal to it. Soon after, I activated my phone and had a brand new iPhone 4S to show to the world. The following weeks were spent talking to Siri, downloading apps, and admiring the beautiful device.

I imagine the process and excitement will be much the same with the iPhone 5. When the product is announced on Wednesday, there will be thousands of articles about how amazing it is, and the pre-order excitement will begin once again.

Here are a few things to consider before Wednesday

1. Check if you are available for an upgrade.

Check with your respective carrier and see if you are due for an upgrade. If not, your new iPhone will cost about 400 dollars more.

2. Make sure you have a mailing address that is NOT a P.O. box.

Apple won't ship their products to P.O. boxes. You don't want to miss out on the iPhone 5 simply because you use a P.O. box.

When the device is released, we will have more details on exactly how to pre-order! Stay tuned!